Tag: Victor Martinez
Cash Draft Baseball Primetime Top Picks
June 22nd 2016
Almost half of today’s MLB matchups starts early. But we got you covered with an in-depth look at tonight’s top fantasy picks. Primetime baseball starts at 7:05 PM EST timeand covers the Giants, Rangers and Nats among many. See below Wednesday top draft picks and go make your cash draft baseball selection at FanPicks (click to play).
Primetime Top Draft Picks
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last 2 Games Avg||Last 4 Games Avg||Last 10 Games Avg|
|Melvin Upton Jr||OF||SD||@BAL||10||7.6||12.1|
Cash Draft Baseball Notables
- Pirates left fielder Starling Marte, who ranks second in the National League and third in the Majors with 20 stolen bases, left Tuesday’s game with a foot injury.
- White Sox pitche Jose Quintana is 3-0 with a 1.94 ERA and a .184 opponents’ average in six career starts against the Red Sox. He’s 1-0 with a 2.11 ERA in three starts at Fenway.
- Red Sox David Ortiz has reached base in each of his last 25 home games, hitting .411 with 23 extra-base hits.
- Rangers center fielder Ian Desmond is slated to sit on Wednesday in his first day off since April 17. He is expected to be replaced by Ryan Rua.
- Look for Peter Bourjos to start again for the Phillies in right field. Phillies manager Pete Mackanin is trying to play the hot hand, and Bourjos has been the Phillies’ hottest hitter for more than a week.
MLB Baseball Cash Draft Primetime Top Picks
June 17th 2016
Friday’s MLB baseball cash draft top picks (Play Now):
|Player||Pos||Team||OPP||Last 2 Games FP Avg||Last 4 Games FP Avg||Last 10 Games FP Avg|
Friday Primetime Matchups
|MATCHUP||TIME (ET)||PITCHING MATCHUP|
|Toronto||vs||Baltimore||7:05 PM||Aaron Sanchez vs Mike Wright|
|Arizona||vs||Philadelphia||7:05 PM||Robbie Ray vs Adam Morgan|
|Seattle||vs||Boston||7:10 PM||Hisashi Iwakuma vs Roenis Elias|
|Chicago||vs||Cleveland||7:10 PM||Jose Quintana vs Trevor Bauer|
|Atlanta||vs||New York||7:10 PM||John Gant vs Matt Harvey|
|Colorado||vs||Miami||7:10 PM||Jon Gray vs Adam Conley|
|San Francisco||vs||Tampa Bay||7:10 PM||Jeff Samardzija vs Chris Archer|
|New York||vs||Minnesota||8:10 PM||Masahiro Tanaka vs Pat Dean|
|Cincinnati||vs||Houston||8:10 PM||John Lamb vs Lance McCullers|
|Detroit||vs||Kansas City||8:15 PM||Michael Fulmer vs Yordano Ventura|
|Texas||vs||St. Louis||8:15 PM||Cole Hamels vs Michael Wacha|
|Los Angeles||vs||Oakland||9:35 PM||Matt Shoemaker vs Kendall Graveman|
|Milwaukee||vs||Los Angeles||10:10 PM||Zach Davies vs Julio Urias|
|Washington||vs||San Diego||10:40 PM||Joe Ross vs Christian Friedrich|
MLB Fantasy Cash Draft News
June 15th 2016
Stay updated with last minutes MLB fantasy cash draft notables before play ball (click to play)!
- The Angels have had their fair share of injuries, but could have some help on the way for the series finale. Shortstop Andrelton Simmons, who was with Triple-A Salt Lake rehabbing his surgically repaired left thumb, flew to Anaheim on Tuesday to be reevaluated and could be activated from the 15-day disabled list on Wednesday. Simmons underwent surgery on May 10.
Blue Jays News
- Blue Jays’ Edwin Encarnacion is expected to get the start at first base in Philadelphia, with Justin Smoak coming off the bench for the Blue Jays.
- Brewers pitcher Jimmy Nelson has already hit seven batters this season. He led the Majors with 13 hit batsmen in 2015.
- St-Louis hurler Adam Wainwright’s lifetime 1.57 ERA against the Astros is the lowest among all MLB pitchers with at least 10 games started against Houston.
- Cards third baseman Matt Carpenter extended his hitting streak to eight games Tuesday night.
- Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw, as great as he is, hasn’t been great in Chase Field. In 11 starts, he’s 4-7 with a 3.90 ERA, his highest in any National League road ballpark not named Coors Field.
- Giants first baseman Brandon Belt has reached base safely in 25 consecutive games at AT&T Park. He also has an eight-game hitting streak overall.
- Right-hander Johnny Cueto will take his second attempt at becoming the Giants’ first 10-game winner this season against the Brew Crew.
- Marlins’ outfielder Ichiro Suzuki is one hit away from tying Pete Rose’s hit record (4,256 career hits), including the hits he accrued in Japan.
- Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard, who will be making his second consecutive start against the Pirates, this time at home. He owns a 1.41 ERA over his last seven outings, which includes four wins, two no-decisions and one relief appearance. “Thor” is coming off a no-decision against Pittsburgh on Wednesday. In fact, he is winless in two career starts against the Pirates. Over 12 innings, Syndergaard is 0-1 with a 2.25 ERA. Both appearances came on the road at PNC Park.
- Nats ace Stephen Strasburg eyes for an 11-0 record today, as he takes the mound against the Cubs. A win launches him into top spot for most victories this season, passing Chris Sale (playing today) and Jake Arrietta, both standing at 10 wins.
- San Diego third baseman Yangervis Solarte is expected to be back in the lineup after sitting Tuesday. Padres manager Andy Green wanted to give him another day off to rest a left thumb contusion.
Join FanPicks for MLB Fantasy Cash Draft contest here.
- Phillies third baseman Maikel Franco missed his second straight game on Tuesday with a right knee sprain he sustained Sunday, and he is considered day to day. If Franco is unable to go Wednesday, Andres Blanco could make his third consecutive start at the hot corner.
Red Sox News
- Knuckleballer Steven Wright takes the mound for Boston against Baltimore and is coming off four consecutive wins, three of which were quality starts.
- Rockies outfielder Gerardo Parra exited Tuesday’s game after colliding with shortstop Trevor Story while both were tracking a popup.
- It’s likely Tigers center fielder Cameron Maybin will be back in the lineup after getting an off-day Tuesday despite a nagging left wrist injury.
- Tigers Victor Martinez remains day-to-day with right knee soreness.
White Sox News
- In his past four starts, the usually dominant Chicago White Sox pitcher Chris Sale has a 6.75 ERA. Despite that, he looks to get his 11th win this season against the Tigers and takeover the MLB win lead from Stephen Strasburg (playing today) and Jake Arrieta.
- The White Sox rested struggling third baseman Todd Frazier on Tuesday, it is unsure if he’ll play Wednesday.
- Yanks pitcher Ivan Nova (5-3, 4.39), who will face the Rockies today, has been excellent in his Interleague career, with an ERA of 2.13, including a 1.14 ERA in National League parks. In his only game against Colorado, however, he gave up four runs over six innings at Yankees Stadium in 2011.
- Yankees outfielder Carlos Beltran missed Tuesday’s series opener with a swollen left knee. The Yankees are hopeful that Beltran would be able to play Wednesday.
Join FanPicks for MLB Fantasy Cash Draft contest here.
MLB Fantasy Baseball Draft Picks
Top 20 Performers
It’s a full lineup of big leagues baseball on Tuesday, as all 30 teams will be in action. It all starts at 7pm ET with the World Series champion Kansas City Royals and the Bronx Bombers. There is a 60% possibility of rain in Cincinnati, so the Pirates versus the Reds is a risky game to get delayed. The leagues best Chicago Cubs are aiming for an eight straight victory. They will face the underwhelming San Diego Padres at home. Ace Jon Lester will be the starter for the Cubs. The Blue Jays and Giants will close out the evening of play. They both hold an even record of 17 wins and 17 losses. 4-0 J.A. Happ will take the mound for the Canadian team, while 0-4 Matt Cain will attempt to earn his first win since July 22nd 2015. Here is Tuesday’s FanPicks (click to join) MLB fantasy baseball draft picks top 20.
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last Game FP||Two Game Avg FP||Four Game Avg FP||Ten Game Avg FP|
|Jackie Bradley Jr||OF||BOS||OAK||44.5||24.3||20.3||16.1|
MLB Fantasy Baseball Draft Picks DFS Notables
- O’s third baseman Manny Machado ranks second in the American League batting average with .350. He was named the A.L. Player of the month for April.
- White Sox third baseman Todd Frazier hit two homers on Monday and now stands second in the American League in home runs with 10.
- Tigers Victor Martinez is expected to return to the lineup, meaning either American League batting leader Nick Castellanos or Miguel Cabrera will rest.
- Indians pitcher Trevor Bauer is 3-0 with a 0.90 ERA in three career starts against Houston.
- With a leadoff walk in the fourth Monday, D-Backs Paul Goldschmidt extended his on-base streak against the Rockies to 42 games.