Tag: Stephen Strasburg
MLB Fantasy Cash Draft News
June 15th 2016
Stay updated with last minutes MLB fantasy cash draft notables before play ball (click to play)!
- The Angels have had their fair share of injuries, but could have some help on the way for the series finale. Shortstop Andrelton Simmons, who was with Triple-A Salt Lake rehabbing his surgically repaired left thumb, flew to Anaheim on Tuesday to be reevaluated and could be activated from the 15-day disabled list on Wednesday. Simmons underwent surgery on May 10.
Blue Jays News
- Blue Jays’ Edwin Encarnacion is expected to get the start at first base in Philadelphia, with Justin Smoak coming off the bench for the Blue Jays.
- Brewers pitcher Jimmy Nelson has already hit seven batters this season. He led the Majors with 13 hit batsmen in 2015.
- St-Louis hurler Adam Wainwright’s lifetime 1.57 ERA against the Astros is the lowest among all MLB pitchers with at least 10 games started against Houston.
- Cards third baseman Matt Carpenter extended his hitting streak to eight games Tuesday night.
- Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw, as great as he is, hasn’t been great in Chase Field. In 11 starts, he’s 4-7 with a 3.90 ERA, his highest in any National League road ballpark not named Coors Field.
- Giants first baseman Brandon Belt has reached base safely in 25 consecutive games at AT&T Park. He also has an eight-game hitting streak overall.
- Right-hander Johnny Cueto will take his second attempt at becoming the Giants’ first 10-game winner this season against the Brew Crew.
- Marlins’ outfielder Ichiro Suzuki is one hit away from tying Pete Rose’s hit record (4,256 career hits), including the hits he accrued in Japan.
- Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard, who will be making his second consecutive start against the Pirates, this time at home. He owns a 1.41 ERA over his last seven outings, which includes four wins, two no-decisions and one relief appearance. “Thor” is coming off a no-decision against Pittsburgh on Wednesday. In fact, he is winless in two career starts against the Pirates. Over 12 innings, Syndergaard is 0-1 with a 2.25 ERA. Both appearances came on the road at PNC Park.
- Nats ace Stephen Strasburg eyes for an 11-0 record today, as he takes the mound against the Cubs. A win launches him into top spot for most victories this season, passing Chris Sale (playing today) and Jake Arrietta, both standing at 10 wins.
- San Diego third baseman Yangervis Solarte is expected to be back in the lineup after sitting Tuesday. Padres manager Andy Green wanted to give him another day off to rest a left thumb contusion.
Join FanPicks for MLB Fantasy Cash Draft contest here.
- Phillies third baseman Maikel Franco missed his second straight game on Tuesday with a right knee sprain he sustained Sunday, and he is considered day to day. If Franco is unable to go Wednesday, Andres Blanco could make his third consecutive start at the hot corner.
Red Sox News
- Knuckleballer Steven Wright takes the mound for Boston against Baltimore and is coming off four consecutive wins, three of which were quality starts.
- Rockies outfielder Gerardo Parra exited Tuesday’s game after colliding with shortstop Trevor Story while both were tracking a popup.
- It’s likely Tigers center fielder Cameron Maybin will be back in the lineup after getting an off-day Tuesday despite a nagging left wrist injury.
- Tigers Victor Martinez remains day-to-day with right knee soreness.
White Sox News
- In his past four starts, the usually dominant Chicago White Sox pitcher Chris Sale has a 6.75 ERA. Despite that, he looks to get his 11th win this season against the Tigers and takeover the MLB win lead from Stephen Strasburg (playing today) and Jake Arrieta.
- The White Sox rested struggling third baseman Todd Frazier on Tuesday, it is unsure if he’ll play Wednesday.
- Yanks pitcher Ivan Nova (5-3, 4.39), who will face the Rockies today, has been excellent in his Interleague career, with an ERA of 2.13, including a 1.14 ERA in National League parks. In his only game against Colorado, however, he gave up four runs over six innings at Yankees Stadium in 2011.
- Yankees outfielder Carlos Beltran missed Tuesday’s series opener with a swollen left knee. The Yankees are hopeful that Beltran would be able to play Wednesday.
Join FanPicks for MLB Fantasy Cash Draft contest here.
MLB Fantasy Draft Top Picks
June 15th 2016
The Yanks’ and the Rox’ will start Wednesday MLB scheduled lineup starting at 3PM EST time. All 30 team’s will follow in on the action. Make your MLB fantasy draft picks early to enjoy the league wide contest, as four games will be played in the early evening. Rest easy though, eleven more games will start at 7PM EST time and FanPicks has those late evening contest prepared for you, as well (click to join). Check out Wednesday schedule and the top draft picks available for them contest!
|MATCHUP||TIME (ET)||PITCHING MATCHUP|
|3:10 PM||Ivan Nova vs Chad Bettis|
|3:40 PM||Justin Nicolino vs Luis Perdomo|
|3:40 PM||Clayton Kershaw vs Patrick Corbin|
|3:45 PM||Jimmy Nelson vs Johnny Cueto|
|4:05 PM||Jason Hammel vs Stephen Strasburg|
|7:00 PM||Kevin Gausman vs Steven Wright|
|7:05 PM||Marco Estrada vs Jeremy Hellickson|
|7:10 PM||Anthony DeSclafani vs Bud Norris|
|7:10 PM||Jeff Locke vs Noah Syndergaard|
|7:10 PM||Nathan Karns vs Drew Smyly|
|7:15 PM||Collin McHugh vs Adam Wainwright|
|8:10 PM||Mike Pelfrey vs Chris Sale|
|8:15 PM||Corey Kluber vs Ian Kennedy|
|10:05 PM||Tyler Duffey vs Hector Santiago|
|10:05 PM||Derek Holland vs Sonny Gray|
Top MLB Fantasy Draft Picks
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last Game FP||Last 2 Games FP Avg||Last 4 Games FP Avg||Last 10 Games FP Avg|
MLB One Day Cash Draft Top 19
May 24th 2016
With one early game between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Miami Marlins, here’s a look at the top players this evening for your MLB one day cash draft contest (click here to join FP).
|Players||Pos||Team||Opp||Last Game FP||Two Game FP Avg||Four Game FP Avg||Ten Game FP Avg|
MLB One Day Cash Draft Notables
• The Washington Nationals have won pitchers Stephen Strasburg’s last 13 starts dating back to Sept. 15, 2015. That streak is the longest in franchise history, having edged past Jordan Zimmermann’s mark of 12 from 2014-15.
• Chicago Cubs right fielder Jason Heyward took batting practice and went through a pregame workout on Monday, and there is a chance he could play during the series despite suffering a right rib contusion on Friday diving into the outfield wall in San Francisco.
• Boston Red Sox outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr. extended his hitting streak to 27 games Sunday, while teammate Xander Bogaerts extended his to 16.
• Detroit Tigers Slugger Miguel Cabrera has five home runs in his last four games. Monday’s two-homer game was the 36th multi-homer game of his career.
• The Baltimore Orioles provide plenty of pop. Entering play Sunday, they led the Majors with 62 home runs. Manny Machado, Chris Davis and Mark Trumbo have each compiled at least 10 home runs and 25 RBI over the Orioles’ first 40 games of the season, which last occurred in 2010 with the Toronto Blue Jays trio of Jose Bautista, Vernon Wells and Alex Gonzalez.
• Ace Chris Sale has thrown three complete games already this season, making him the first White Sox starter with three complete games in the first nine starts of a season since Jack McDowell in 1991.
• Chicago White Sox outfielder Austin Jackson is a .438 hitter (7-for-16) with three doubles, one triple and one home run against today’s opposing pitcher, Josh Tomlin.
• The Minnesota Twins activated shortstop Eduardo Escobar from the 15-day disabled list on Monday, but he’s expected to share duties at shortstop with hot-hitting Eduardo Nunez.
• Los Angeles Dodgers catcher Yasmani Grandal could make his first start since fouling a ball off his foot Saturday. A.J. Ellis has received both starts since, but Grandal’s X-rays came back negative and he has been available to pinch-hit.
Fantasy Baseball Picks
We are back to a full slate of Major League Baseball Games this Wednesday. It all starts with an early afternoon match-up between the Marlins and Mets. Then four out of the five American League West teams will play within 3 and 4 PM. The Angels will be in Oakland, while the Rangers will be going head-to-head against the Mariners. Things will get heavier at night with 12 more match-ups starting at 7PM. With that many games on hand, it’s time to pick your fantasy baseball lineup for the day, and we at FanPicks.com have your fantasy baseball picks.
Pitcher : Stephen Strasburg (STL)
Due to a postponement and resting days, Stephen Strasburg has not pitched since defeating the Braves in his season debut on April 6 in Atlanta. The 27-year-old held Atlanta to one run on six hits in a 3-1 win, improving to 7-7 in 20 career starts versus the Braves in his career. Strasburg has been outstanding at Nationals Park since making his major-league debut back in 2010, posting a 27-17 record in 70 home starts with a 2.65 ERA and a 6.46 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
Update: Strasburg has been scratched from his start Wednesday due to illness.
Catcher : Trevor Brown (SF)
Trevor Brown has hit three home runs in eight at-bats this season, in replacement of the injured Buster Posey. He did not get a single one of them in 39 at-bats during his first campaign in the majors, last year.
First Baseman : Anthony Rizzo (CHC)
The Cubs first-baseman, Anthony Rizzo, is 5-for-15 with two dingers versus today’s opposing pitcher, Alfredo Simon.
Second Baseman : Ian Kinsler (DET)
The Tigers second-baseman, Ian Kinsler, has collected four multi-hit contests in six games this year.
Third Baseman : Josh Donaldson (TOR)
The 2015 Baseball’s MVP, Josh Donaldson, has hit safely in all eight games this season. Need I say more!
Shortstop : Aledmys Diaz (STL)
St. Louis rookie shortstop, Aledmys Diaz, gathered three hits on Monday and is batting .533 this year.
Outfielders : Odubel Herrera (PHI), Jacoby Ellsbury (NYY) and Mark Trumbo (BAL)
Philadelphia outfielder, Odubel Herrera, recorded an RBI triple Tuesday to stretch out his hitting streak to five games.
Yankees leadoff hitter, Jacoby Ellsbury, has collected a hit in every one of his past five-game and also drove in the go-ahead run in the series opener.
Mark Trumbo is currently on a tear. He has four hits, two homers, five RBIs and four runs scored in the initial two games of the current series.
Daily Fantasy Best Picks of the Day – September 16th 2015
These are the players that are coming in hot for tonight’s MLB game lineup. All 30 teams are in action. Big story tonight: Chicago Cubs pitcher, Jake Arrieta, will be gunning for the 20th win of the season. Will he do it against the NL Wild Card leading Pittsburgh Pirates? Don’t forget to check out last night DFS top 5 performers at the bottom. Now let’s take a look at tonight’s hot picks:
C Miguel Montero(CHC) – 3,800 $
Season: .244 AVG, 15 HR, 50 RBI, 31 R
He’s coming off a 2 hits night in the first game of the series against the Pirates. With a batting average of .556 against A.J. Burnett, look for him to continue hitting with success.
1B Eric Hosmer(KC) – 4,200 $
Season: .302 AVG, 14 HR, 82 RBI, 87 R
He took Danny Salazar deep twice and has a total of 5 RBIs in 6 encounters this year. Enough said.
2B Jose Altuve(HOU) – 6,200 $
Season: .313 AVG, 12 HR, 59 RBI, 70 R
Altuve is one of the best second baseman in MLB. He’s slugging .667 in 13 at-bats against Martin Perez. The little guy will put on a clinic out there.
3B Matt Carpenter(STL) – 4,800 $
Season: .257 AVG, 21 HR, 73 RBI, 84 R
He’s slugging .700 against Wily Peralta. Its 2 home runs and 4 RBIs in 30 at-bats. He’ll likely add another strong game against Peralta in his resume.
SS Starlin Castro(CHC) – 2,500 $
Season: .255 AVG, 8 HR, 53 RBI, 46 R
Castro is on a 3 game hitting streak. He’s also batting .471 against A.J. Burnett. Put those two things together and he is destined for a great game.
OF Andrew McCutchen(PIT) – 5,200 $
Season: .301 AVG, 22 HR, 93 RBI, 86 R
The 2013 NL MVP has a stolen base in each game of the double-header yesterday. He’s always a multi-tool threat facing anyone, even the league leading pitcher in win Jake Arrieta. In fact, McCutchen is averaging .444 against Arrieta.
OF Jacoby Ellsbury (NYY) – 3,900 $
Season: .251 AVG, 7 HR, 30 RBI, 57 R
He’s been hitless in his last five game. It’s time for him to get swigging, and there’s no better pitcher to do it against than Chris Archer. He’s batting .667 (14-for-21) against him.
OF Jeff Francoeur(PHI) – 3,600 $
Season: .267 AVG, 12 HR, 43 RBI, 32 R
Francoeur his hitting .500 (4-for-8) against Gio Gonzalez since 2013. He comes as a surprise pick from the lowly Philadelphia Phillies.
P Bartolo Colon(NYM) – 10,400 $
Season: Record(14-11), 4.13 ERA, 129 K, 22 BB
He has picked up 3 straight wins, and hasn’t lost since august 9. The 42 year-old is resurging from the unknown once again this year.
P Ervin Santana(MIN) – 9,900 $
Season: Record(5-4), 4.73 ERA, 62 K, 26 BB
He has collected 3 wins in his last 3 games. The righty has is best stretch of the season. So I’m taking the veteran over Detroit’s rookie Daniel Norris.
DFS Top Performers September 15th 2015
Stephen Strasburg threw a gem against the Phillies, last night. He allowed 1 hit and struck out 14 for the performance of the night.
Last night DFS Top 5 Performers in MLB:
P Stephen Strasburg-WAS (8 IPs, 1 Hit, 14 Ks, 1 BB = 52.5 FP)
P Jon Lester- CHC (CG 9 IPs, 1 ER, 4 Hits, 9 Ks, 2 BBs = 46 FP)
OF Bryce Harper-WAS (4 RBIs, 1 BB, 2Rs, 1 1B, 2HRs = 40 FP)
P Carlos Martinez-STL (8 IPs, 1 ER, 4 Hits, 9 Ks, 2 BBs = 34.5 FP)
OF Jason Heyward-STL (2 RBIs, 1BB, 2Rs, 2 2Bs, 1HR, 1SB = 34 FP)