Tag: Ryan Zimmerman
NFL Fantasy Football News
FanPicks NFL (click & play here) all-time best QB Peyton Manning can finally see his legacy fulfilled after month of being shrouded with controversy.
Peyton Manning is innocent.
After a 7 month NFL investigation on whether former pro-football quarterback Peyton Manning did or did not take performance enhancers, the conclusion announced on Monday that he played the game clean. He did not use any drugs restricted by the league, according to the reports. Taking up on retirement a month after winning his second Superbowl last February, the future Hall of Famer saw his legacy potentially tarnished by a documentary televised by the american broadcast of Al-Jazeera. The program listed out a number of professional athletes around different sport that would have consumed steroids. The name of the former Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos QB was included among them. The NFL found no credible evidence to confirm that the Al-Jazeera claim was valid. The investigation included an examination of Manning’s medical file.
Issue across every sports
Baseball players Ryan Zimmerman and Ryan Howard, who were mentioned on the list of doped athletes, will sue Al-Jazeera America for libel. Manning has, on the other hand, decided not to file suits against them. Green Bay Packers linebackers, Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews, as well as James Harrison from the Pittsburgh Steelers will need to submit explanation to the NFL. Mike Neal, former Packers and currently free agent, has also been summoned by the American Football magna.
Manning illustrious career
Manning had a prestigious career in the NFL. Number 18 wore the Colts colors until 2011. That year, he got sidelined for the season due to a neck injury. In 2012, he joined the Denver Broncos. He holds most of the NFL passing records, like the most touchdown passes (539 TD) and the most passing yards (71,940 yards). Invited 14 times in the Pro Bowl and 7 times within All-Pro First-Team, Manning mainly distinguished himself in 2013. He collected 55 touchdowns during that year, breaking the previous record of 50 held by Tom Brady since 2007 (which Brady broke from Manning’s 49 in 2004). The right-handed quarterback also led the season in passing yards with 5,477 yards. He completed a total of 6,125 of his 9,380 passes in the regular season, while committing 303 interceptions.
Daily Fantasy Baseball MLB Top Picks
June 7th 2016
All 30 teams are back for daily fantasy baseball MLB gameplay, this Tuesday starting at 4PM ET. It all starts with the first of a double header between the New York Mets and Pittsburgh Pirates at PNC Park. Here’s a look at the top selections for your FanPicks contest (click to play).
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last Game FP||Two Game FP Avg||Four Game FP Avg||Ten Game FP Avg|
Daily Fantasy Baseball MLB Notables
- Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard is set to return to the starting lineup on Tuesday. Tommy Joseph has started the past six games, allowing Howard to “clear his head,” as manager Pete Mackanin put it. Joseph, who was called up May 13, recorded more hits for the month (10) than Howard (7) in 35 fewer plate appearances.
- Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain has enjoyed success against O’s pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez, going 8-for-17 (.471) with a home run in his career against the righty.
- Ryan Braun will seek career hit No. 1,500 with the Brewers.
- Nationals first baseman Ryan Zimmerman has been reinstated from paternity leave, with the Nationals optioning Trea Turner to Triple-A Syracuse in a corresponding move. Zimmerman is expected to be back in the lineup Tuesday.
- Charlie Blackmon has reached base safely in 32 straight games, good for the second-longest streak in the Majors. It’s the longest streak for the Rockies since Troy Tulowitzki reached safely in 41 straight last season.