Tag: Peter Bourjos
Cash Draft Baseball Primetime Top Picks
June 22nd 2016
Almost half of today’s MLB matchups starts early. But we got you covered with an in-depth look at tonight’s top fantasy picks. Primetime baseball starts at 7:05 PM EST timeand covers the Giants, Rangers and Nats among many. See below Wednesday top draft picks and go make your cash draft baseball selection at FanPicks (click to play).
Primetime Top Draft Picks
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last 2 Games Avg||Last 4 Games Avg||Last 10 Games Avg|
|Melvin Upton Jr||OF||SD||@BAL||10||7.6||12.1|
Cash Draft Baseball Notables
- Pirates left fielder Starling Marte, who ranks second in the National League and third in the Majors with 20 stolen bases, left Tuesday’s game with a foot injury.
- White Sox pitche Jose Quintana is 3-0 with a 1.94 ERA and a .184 opponents’ average in six career starts against the Red Sox. He’s 1-0 with a 2.11 ERA in three starts at Fenway.
- Red Sox David Ortiz has reached base in each of his last 25 home games, hitting .411 with 23 extra-base hits.
- Rangers center fielder Ian Desmond is slated to sit on Wednesday in his first day off since April 17. He is expected to be replaced by Ryan Rua.
- Look for Peter Bourjos to start again for the Phillies in right field. Phillies manager Pete Mackanin is trying to play the hot hand, and Bourjos has been the Phillies’ hottest hitter for more than a week.
Philadelphia Phillies 2016 MLB season
Fantasy Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Preview 02-16-2016
FanPicks is proud to bring you this Philadelphia Phillies preview. Come enjoy daily Fantasy Baseball news at Fanpicks.com ahead of the MLB 2016 season.
The Philadelphia Phillies had an extremely tough year last season and had to face an important offseason to enter the 2016 season. They ended with MLB’s worst record (63-99) but the positive note is that they were able to secure the #1 draft pick in the 2016 MLB Draft, a pick they haven’t had since 1998.
The biggest news of course was when GM, Ruben Amaro Jr. was ditched by the organization back in September due to the obvious disappointment of the team’s results and poor 2015 campaign.
The Phillies showed during the second half of the past season when they almost posted a .500 record, that a sounder organization-building approach could do them some wonders.
The 3 main players to watch are:
- Aaron Nola (SP)
- Maikel Franco (3B)
- Odubel Herrera (OF)
Nola, 2014 7th pick overall will definitely have a more important role and will be looking for his form of 2 years ago when he entered the majors with a solid season.
Maikel Franco will cast an important role using his power which helped him put up 14 home runs and 50 RBI in just 80 games as a rookie before he broke his wrist.
Herrera will be a steady contributor with his .297 batting average and solid on the steals department hoping for about 30 this upcoming campaign.
After the blockbuster trade involving Cole Hamels, the Phillies will be hoping to bounce back to their potential although it may take a while before they establish themselves back as a powerhouse in the N.L. East, having won before this past campaign, five straight National League East titles.