Tag: Nolan Arenado
MLB Fantasy Baseball Cash Draft Top Picks
June 21st 2016
What a treat! All 30 MLB team will play today in evening/primetime action. First games starts at 7PM EST time, leaving you time to round up your 1 day fantasy baseball lineup after work. Here are the top 20 picks from Tuesday’s fantasy baseball cash draft contests (click to play).
Top Draft Picks
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last 2 Game Avg||Last 4 Game Avg||Last 10 Game Avg|
Fantasy Baseball Cash Draft Notables
- Rockie third baseman Nolan Arenado is probably looking forward to taking aim at the Yankee Stadium outfield walls, especially after taking Ivan Nova deep in their last meeting. The power-hitting third baseman entered play on Sunday tied for the Major League lead with 20 home runs. Arenado has hit 12 at Coors Field and eight on the road.
- The Padres’ Wil Myers is one of the hottest hitters this month, and led the league in June homers and RBIs entering play Sunday. Through his first 17 June games, Myers hit .373/.421/.896 with nine home runs and nine multihit games.
- Royals catcher Salvador Perez enters Monday on an 11-game hitting streak. For his career, he is 1-for-4 with a walk against Mets Noah Syndergaard, counting the postseason.
- Seattle’s Robinson Cano (19 HRs) is one homer shy of becoming the sixth second baseman in Major League history to have seven or more seasons with 20 or more. Jeff Kent has the most (12).
- Rays third baseman Evan Longoria has homered in nine of his last 15 games.
- A’s outfielder Khris Davis, who was removed from Saturday’s game with a minor left calf injury, is expected to return to the starting lineup Tuesday for the series opener against his former club, the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Dodgers right fielder Yasiel Puig is expected to be activated from the disabled list Tuesday after missing 18 days with a left hamstring strain.
Fantasy Baseball MLB Draft Top Selection
June 6th 2016
With ten game available for fantasy baseball MLB Draft on Monday starting at 7PM ET, here’s a look at the top selections for your FanPicks contest (click to play).
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last Game FP||Two Game FP Avg||Four Game FP Avg||Ten Game FP Avg|
|Steven Souza Jr||OF||TB||@ARI||36.5||14.7||12.2||6.9|
Fantasy Baseball MLB Draft Notables
- Phillies Manager Pete Mackanin said Ryan Howard will return from his brief sabbatical from the Phillies’ lineup during the Cubs series. Tommy Joseph has started the past five games at first. Joseph should start again against Jon Lester on Monday, with Howard reclaiming first base for the final two games.
- The return to AL play means C.J. Cron, who’s basically splitting time at first base and designated hitter, will return to the Angels’ lineup. Cron has driven in 21 runs over his last 30 games.
- Gregorio Petit faces his former team this week. Petit mainly played for the Yankees’ Triple-A affiliate last season, but he has become the Angels’ starting shortstop with Andrelton Simmons and Cliff Pennington on the disabled list.
- Starting shortstop Ketel Marte is expected to be activated off the 15-day DL by the Mariners and be in the lineup for the first time since being sidelined May 21 with a sprained left thumb. Seattle is still without center fielder Leonys Martin, who will be out at least until Friday with a strained hamstring.
Fantasy Baseball MLB Top Picks
May 27th 2016
It’s another day of fantasy baseball MLB at FanPicks (click to play) and we’ve got you covered with the top picks for today’s contests. The Chicago Cubs and Philadelphia Phillies start it off at 2:20 PM ET with the follow-up matchup between the Washington Nationals and the St. Louis Cardinals begins at 7:05 PM ET. Here is the top 20 players today.
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last Game FP||Two Game FP Avg||Four Game FP Avg||Ten Game FP Avg|
Fantasy Baseball MLB Notables
- Nationals Daniel Murphy is expected to be back in the lineup for Washington after getting the day off Thursday. The second baseman has carried a hot bat, hitting .394, but has struggled in the field with five errors in the month of May.
- Friday is likely the final day St. Louis will be without third baseman Matt Carpenter, who is on paternity leave following the birth of his daughter Wednesday morning. The Cardinals have used Ruben Tejada and callup Greg Garcia at the hot corner in Carpenter’s absence.
- Blue Jays shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is expected to make his return for Friday night’s game. Tulowitzki missed the previous two games because of tightness in his right quad that he sustained while stealing second during Toronto’s 6-0 loss to the Yankees on Tuesday.
- Dodgers uber prospect Julio Urias will be making his Major League debut. Just 19 years old, the left-hander, who is rated Los Angeles’ top prospect, is being called up to start the Dodgers’ first of three games against the defending National League champion Mets at Citi Field.
- The Mets are optimistic that infielder Wilmer Flores can come off the disabled list in time for Friday’s game. Flores, who has been sidelined since May 12 with a strained left hamstring that he hurt at Dodger Stadium, should slot in as the Mets’ everyday first baseman with Lucas Duda on the disabled list.
- Miami Marlins center fielder Marcell Ozuna extended his on-base streak to 33 consecutive games with a single in the first inning on Thursday against the Rays.
- Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado is hitting .414 (12-for-29) with three home runs and 14 RBIs against the Giants this season. He hasn’t hit for a better average or driven in more runs against any other team.
Fantasy Baseball Top 20 Players
Friday’s fantasy baseball starts with the Washington Nationals and the Chicago Cubs at 2:20 PM ET, while the rest of the MLB game lineup won’t begin before 7PM ET. The Boston Red Sox are set to face great rival New York Yankees in the first of a three game series. Boston’s starter will bring is 5-0 record on the line against Michael Pineda. The league’s ERA leader, Jordan Zimmerman (0.55 ERA), will be in on the mound today. His Detroit Tigers are in Arlington to face the Texas Rangers. Also on tap for the evening is a matchup between the worst team in the majors, the Atlanta Braves (7-20), and the Arizona DiamondBacks who are on a six game skid. It’s the chance for Zack Greinke, the most disappointing pitcher since the start on the campaign, to get his D-Backs back on the winning side. See who are the fantasy baseball top 20 players of the day.
|Player||Position||Team||Last Game FP||Last 2Games FP Avg||Last 4Games FP Avg||Last 10Games FP Avg|
Today’s player notable stats
- Tigers Jordan Zimmerman leads the MLB with 0.55 ERA.
- Red Sox Rick Porcello and Tigers Jordan Zimmerman are each at 5-0 this season. This season’s best is 6-0.
- Yankees Michael Pineda holds today worst ERA with 6.35.
- Tigers Nick Castellanos leads the MLB with a .383 AVG.
- Despite his league second-best 11 homers, Rockies Trevor Story possesses 43 strikeouts-at-bat. The most in the league.
- Astros Jose Altuve leads the MLB with 10 stolen bases.
Fantasy Baseball Draft Picks
The Major League Baseball is getting trimmed to eight games on Thurdsday. There will be four early evening game and four evening ones. The Chicago White Sox will look to extend their winning streak seven game in Baltimore. They trail the other Cubs by a single game in the league standings. Speaking of the other Chicago team, they will begin their matchup against the Brewers at two-o-clock and will send the virtually un-hittable Jake Arrieta to the mound. Things couldn’t look any better for manager Don Mattingly. His Miami Marlins will attempt to sweep the series against his former team, the Los Angeles Dodgers. And all of this at Dodger Stadium. They’ll have to face the red hot Kenta Maeda though. Here is the top 20 Fantasy Baseball draft picks. Pick your fantasy baseball team right here.
It’s sure is surprising to see Tanner Roark on top of the list. Even more so above Jake Arrieta. Phillies Aaron Nola rounds out the top three pitchers. Dustin Pedroia has seen his stock raise with some stellar play. The second base position is one that usually keeps daily fantasy sports managers guessing. Not this time, since Pedroia is the only secon baseman entering the list. Other lone player leading their position, depending on the list, are Cardinals rookie shortstop Aledmys Diaz and Colorado’s third baseman slugger Nolan Arenado. Tigers outfielder JD Martinez collected a lot of fantasy points yesterday, but has yet to prove that he’s riding on a consistent hot streak. Some of the less expensive options that are driving a solid stretch picks are first baseman Mark Reynold and Freddie Freeman, with outfielders Khris Davis, Ryan Raburn and Joey Rickard. Rounding out the top 20 is the most inexpensive pick Alex Presley from the Milwaukee Brewers.
Fantasy Baseball Colorado Rockies Projection
For the upcoming 2016 Major League Baseball season, we take a look at every single team and what are their expectations for the upcoming year. We continue our tour in Denver, where the Colorado Rockies live. It’s time for FanPicks Fantasy Baseball Colorado Rockies Projection.
With a less than impressive season, the Rockies made room under the salary cap trading their team captain Troy Tulowitzki for fading veteran Jose Reyes, last season. They will save over 50 million dollars for the next five years with this move, allowing the team to improve within. They will be counting on young stars third baseman Nolan Arenado and right fielder Carlos Gonzalez to follow up on their amazing 2015 season. The biggest concern is in the pitching department. And in a place like Coors field, pitching has to be top notch.
Players to watch:
- Nolan Arenado
- Carlos Gonzalez
- Trevor Story
Third baseman Nolan Arenado showed the full extent of his potential, last season. Winning three consecutive gold glove between 2013 and 2015, he added a 2015 silver slugger award to his trophy case. During that season, he led the National League home runs (42) and in runs-batted-in (130). Turning 25 years-old in April, Arenado is just entering in the prime of his career.
CarGo had an abysmal start to his 2015 season, mainly due to his 2014 season-ending knee injury. His bat exploded in the second half of last year’s campaign and slugged 36 home runs and 84 run-batted-in after June 1st 2015. The left-handed batter has struggled heavily against southpaws last season, hitting .195 against them. So beware when Colorado faces against lefty, he might not get the best result.
With Jose Reyes having ongoing legal issues that could lead him a league suspension, the Rockies need to find a suitable replacement at shortstop. That replacement could come in the form of Trevor Story, a 23 year-old triple A prospect that could see his first big league at-bat sooner-than-later. He posted a, .279/20 HR/80 RBI/22 SB line last season between AA and AAA.
It will be fun to watch the ball fly once again in Coors field, because not much will be expected out of the Rockies rotation this season.