Tag: New York
MLB Daily Fantasy Baseball News
FanPicks (click to play) has you covered with Thursday’s MLB Daily Fantasy Baseball News!
Clayton Kershaw sidelined for 2 weeks.
The Los Angeles Dodgers placed the name of ace Clayton Kershaw on the 15-day disabled list due to a back injury. In his last start Sunday night against the Pittsburgh Pirates, he got the worst of it allowing 4 runs on 9 pitches. It was his second worst start this season.
Kershaw, who has been getting at-least 30 starts in six of his last seven season, is having one of it’s best campaign ever. Even with the Sunday’s loss, he shows a record of 11-2 and leads the National League with a 1.79 ERA. He’s also first in innings pitched (121), strikeouts (145), walks allowed per innings (WHIP, 0.727) and walks allowed per games (0.7). The Dodgers hold a record of 14-2 when Kershaw is on the mound and 29-35 when he’s not.
The O’s are on fire!
With Mark Trumbo’s 23rd home run of the season, the Orioles collected their 55th total since the start of June. It equals an MLB all-time June record held by the Oakland Athletics. They recorded 55 long balls in 29 June games back in 1996. Trumbo pushed back over the wall one of Padres Christian Friedrich pitch in the fourth inning Wednesday. Manny Machado was on-base on that play and two runs were scored. Baltimore won the game 12 to 6. The O’s will have the opportunity to break the A’s record on Thursday night against the Seattle Mariners. This will be their 28th game in June.
The record for most homers hit in a single month is held by both the Orioles and Mariners, who knocked 58 long balls back in May 1987 and 1999 respectively.
A first in 40 years.
For the first time in 40 years, one team has chosen to not go with a designated hitter on purpose. Giants manager Bruce Bochy revealed that pitcher Madison Bumgarner will take the spot in an interleague game versus the Oakland Athletics Thursday night. It is the first time that an MLB manager makes this call since 1976. It’s not suprising though that this happens with Bumgarner, as he’s in a class of it’s own when it comes to solid pitching and hitting. No other MLB daily fantasy baseball pitchers is has talented as him with the bat. Since the beginning of his career, the 26 year-old pitcher picked up 13 home runs and 45 runs-batted-in.
New York, night of reunion .
The Mets and the Cubs will go head-to-head for the first time since the National League Championship series last October. The Mets will send Steven Matz (7-3) to the mound to start this four game series. In the Cubs side, they will hand the ball to John Lackey (7-4). The Mets have been underwhelming this season. They present a 40-37 record, which is good for third in the N.L. East division behind the Nationals and Marlins. The Cubs, on the other hand, are having an amazing year, standing above all 29 MLB teams with a 51-26 record.
Fantasy Baseball MLB Top Picks
May 27th 2016
It’s another day of fantasy baseball MLB at FanPicks (click to play) and we’ve got you covered with the top picks for today’s contests. The Chicago Cubs and Philadelphia Phillies start it off at 2:20 PM ET with the follow-up matchup between the Washington Nationals and the St. Louis Cardinals begins at 7:05 PM ET. Here is the top 20 players today.
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last Game FP||Two Game FP Avg||Four Game FP Avg||Ten Game FP Avg|
Fantasy Baseball MLB Notables
- Nationals Daniel Murphy is expected to be back in the lineup for Washington after getting the day off Thursday. The second baseman has carried a hot bat, hitting .394, but has struggled in the field with five errors in the month of May.
- Friday is likely the final day St. Louis will be without third baseman Matt Carpenter, who is on paternity leave following the birth of his daughter Wednesday morning. The Cardinals have used Ruben Tejada and callup Greg Garcia at the hot corner in Carpenter’s absence.
- Blue Jays shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is expected to make his return for Friday night’s game. Tulowitzki missed the previous two games because of tightness in his right quad that he sustained while stealing second during Toronto’s 6-0 loss to the Yankees on Tuesday.
- Dodgers uber prospect Julio Urias will be making his Major League debut. Just 19 years old, the left-hander, who is rated Los Angeles’ top prospect, is being called up to start the Dodgers’ first of three games against the defending National League champion Mets at Citi Field.
- The Mets are optimistic that infielder Wilmer Flores can come off the disabled list in time for Friday’s game. Flores, who has been sidelined since May 12 with a strained left hamstring that he hurt at Dodger Stadium, should slot in as the Mets’ everyday first baseman with Lucas Duda on the disabled list.
- Miami Marlins center fielder Marcell Ozuna extended his on-base streak to 33 consecutive games with a single in the first inning on Thursday against the Rays.
- Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado is hitting .414 (12-for-29) with three home runs and 14 RBIs against the Giants this season. He hasn’t hit for a better average or driven in more runs against any other team.