Tag: Jeff Samardzija
Cash Draft Baseball Primetime Top Picks
June 22nd 2016
Almost half of today’s MLB matchups starts early. But we got you covered with an in-depth look at tonight’s top fantasy picks. Primetime baseball starts at 7:05 PM EST timeand covers the Giants, Rangers and Nats among many. See below Wednesday top draft picks and go make your cash draft baseball selection at FanPicks (click to play).
Primetime Top Draft Picks
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last 2 Games Avg||Last 4 Games Avg||Last 10 Games Avg|
|Melvin Upton Jr||OF||SD||@BAL||10||7.6||12.1|
Cash Draft Baseball Notables
- Pirates left fielder Starling Marte, who ranks second in the National League and third in the Majors with 20 stolen bases, left Tuesday’s game with a foot injury.
- White Sox pitche Jose Quintana is 3-0 with a 1.94 ERA and a .184 opponents’ average in six career starts against the Red Sox. He’s 1-0 with a 2.11 ERA in three starts at Fenway.
- Red Sox David Ortiz has reached base in each of his last 25 home games, hitting .411 with 23 extra-base hits.
- Rangers center fielder Ian Desmond is slated to sit on Wednesday in his first day off since April 17. He is expected to be replaced by Ryan Rua.
- Look for Peter Bourjos to start again for the Phillies in right field. Phillies manager Pete Mackanin is trying to play the hot hand, and Bourjos has been the Phillies’ hottest hitter for more than a week.
MLB Fantasy Baseball Top 18 (Evening Games)
May 19th 2016
FanPicks has all 9 Thursday MLB fantasy baseball evening contest for you. It all start at 7:05PM ET with the Atlanta Braves and the Pittsburgh Pirates. It will go down in California, as the Giants looks to sweep series and win their 8th straight game tonight in San Diego. Jeff Samardzija (5-2, 2.88 ERA) will take the mound for San Francisco and will attempt to follow-up on Johnny Cueto’s solid performance the day before. Another series coming to close tonight is the Freeway Series between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Los Angeles Angels. The halo’s have taken two out of the three games (one away and one at home). The finale pits Ross Stripling (1-2, 4.26 ERA) and Jhoulys Chacin (1-2 4.81) against eachother. Dodgers Stripling earn his first victory of the season in his last outing against the Cardinals, while the Angels Chacin will make his second start with the team since being acquired in a trade from the Braves a week ago. Find out who’s are today’s top Major League Baseball fantasy picks at FanPicks (click to join).
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last Game FP||Two Games FP Avg||Four Game FP Avg||Ten Game FP Avg|
MLB Fantasy Baseball Notables
- Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Sterling Marte is set to return to the lineup Thursday against the Braves. Prospect Alex Hanson will return to the minors to make room.
- New York Mets outfielder Yoenis Cespedes clubbed his 13th homer during Wednesday’s game and now has 11 home runs and 29 RBIs in his last 28 games.
- Minnesota Twins catcher Kurt Suzuki enters the game with 999 career hits. He is 3-for-7 lifetime against Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Marco Estrada.
- Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez could be available this Thursday. He suffered a back injury on Monday and hasn’t played since. Manager Dave Roberts said that Gonzalez could play designated hitter. At the very least, the first baseman will be available for pinch-hit duties.
MLB Fantasy Baseball Preview
San Francisco Giants vs Los Angeles Dodgers
The San Francisco Giants made a few big offseason moves signing 3 free agents. This Sunday, Jeff Samardzija, the pitcher who signed a $90 million 5 year contract in December takes the mound for the Giants to finish off their 3 game series against Los Angeles Dodgers in the rubber match of the three-game series. This MLB Fantasy Baseball Preview of this game is brought you by FanPicks. Come play in our MLB Fantasy contests where you can win up to a $1 million this week at FanPicks.
The Giants’ other 2 big additions pitched yesterday to help their 3 game losing streak. Their center fielder Denard Span wast 1 of 4 and Johnny Cueto put in some work in the 8th inning in the 4-3 victory. Their reliever Sergio Romo is injured and won’t be available for the next several weeks while the Giants GM splits the current setup between Hunter Strickland and Josh Osich. L.A managed only 5 hits during Saturday’s loss. Adrian Gonzalez will be a solid source of power for the future.
Samardzija got his 1st win as a Giants on Tuesday when he allowed 2 over 8 innings in a 7-2 win against the Rockies. Chase Utley is 6 for 15 with an HR against the 2014 NL All-Star. He has a 1-2 record with a 4.91 ERA in 4 games against the Dodgers.
Maeda turned in his 2nd strong outing Tuesday by holding Arizona scoreless in 6 innings of play with only allowing 5 hits and striking out 4. Maeda still holds the longest streak in Dodgers’ history to begin a career with his 12 consecutive scoreless innings is the 4th longest in history to begin a career.
Slide your way to the $1,000,000 Grand Slam contest just by signing up to FanPicks.com!
You’ll immediately get your first WIN by receiving your Bronze ticket access : afp.fanpicks.com/promos/grand-slam/