Tag: Cole Hamels
August 8 MLB Preview
Monday Late Matchups
FanPicks has your august 8 MLB preview to get ready for today’s fantasy baseball contests. Get the info you need and play right here!
Rangers vs Rockies
Rangers scheduled starter Cole Hamels fell to 3-1 with a 1.59 ERA in four starts since the All-Star break following Wednesday’s loss at Baltimore in which he permitted three runs on four hits and four walks over seven innings. The rough road outing was a rare one for the 2008 World Series MVP, who still holds a sparkling 8-2 record and 1.90 ERA in 12 turns away from Rangers Ballpark. Hamels split his two starts versus the Rockies last season as a member of the Philadelphia Phillies and is 4-4 lifetime with a 3.21 ERA against them.
Orioles vs Athletics
O’s third baseman Manny Machado became the second player in history to homer in each of the first three innings when Baltimore dominated the rubber match with a 10-2 win at the Chicago White Sox on Sunday. Machado drove in a career-high seven runs in the win and finished up the weekend 7-for-15 with nine RBIs and five runs scored to lead the Orioles offense.
Tigers vs Mariners
Seattle’s second baseman Robinson Cano sat out the Sunday’s contest to rest and gear up for stellar Detroit rookie Michael Fulmer, who opposes Hisashi Iwakuma in the series opener.
Phillies vs Dodgers
The Philadelphia Phillies face an old friend for the first time when they begin a three-game road series against Chase Utley and the Los Angeles Dodgers. The 37-year-old Utley was the heart and soul of the Phillies for more than 12 seasons after making his major league debut in 2003, helping the franchise capture its second World Series title — and first in 28 years — in 2008 before being traded to Los Angeles on Aug. 19, 2015. The six-time All-Star and second baseman on Sports Illustrated’s All-Decade Team for the 2000s has batted .250 with seven home runs and 32 RBIs in 93 games this season for the Dodgers.
Fantasy Draft MLB Hot Picks
June 28th 2016
Tuesday brings back the full lineup of Major League Baseball. With 15 matchup on tap beginning at 7PM EST time, it the perfect time to play Fantasy Draft MLB at FanPicks (click to play). All eyes will be on the Cleveleand Indians as they aim for their 11th straight win. Corey Kluber will take the mound for the tribe and he will face-off against Atlanta Braves Matt Wisler.
This season as been dwindled by top prospects making their debut, with the likes of Julio Urias, Blake Snell and Jameson Taillon entering the fold. Time to make room for the best MLB prospect Lukas Giolito who will start for the Washington Nationals. It will be a challenge against the New York Mets, as he will take on ace Matt Harvey. With so many stories in baseball tonight, let’s see who could steal the show in the hot picks of primetime fantasy baseball contests.
Corey Kluber threw a shutout in his last outing, his second of the year, and third complete game. He allowed three hits and two walks with nine strikeouts against the Tampa Bay Rays. Kluber is 3-1 in June and 5-2 in his last seven starts.
Cole Hamels has won three straight starts and is 3-0 with a 1.82 ERA in five June starts. He has quality starts in seven of his last eight outings.
In five of Adam Conley’s 15 starts, the left-hander has not allowed a run. One of those is his last outing, a win over the Atlanta Braves. It was a career-most eight innings game.
Michael Wacha snapped a 10-start winless streak his last time out, but has made three consecutive quality starts.
Kendrys Morales is hitting .444 (20-for-45) with four home runs and 15 RBIs over his last 12 starts.
Matt Wieters caught the second game of a double header Saturday and hit two homers, giving him nine on the season.
Jose Altuve extended his career-long on-base streak to 30 consecutive games with a third-inning single in Monday’s series opener at Angel Stadium. He’s the first Astros player to reach in 30 consecutive games since Willy Taveras a decade ago. It’s the longest active streak in the Majors.
Cash Draft Baseball Primetime Top Picks
June 22nd 2016
Almost half of today’s MLB matchups starts early. But we got you covered with an in-depth look at tonight’s top fantasy picks. Primetime baseball starts at 7:05 PM EST timeand covers the Giants, Rangers and Nats among many. See below Wednesday top draft picks and go make your cash draft baseball selection at FanPicks (click to play).
Primetime Top Draft Picks
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last 2 Games Avg||Last 4 Games Avg||Last 10 Games Avg|
|Melvin Upton Jr||OF||SD||@BAL||10||7.6||12.1|
Cash Draft Baseball Notables
- Pirates left fielder Starling Marte, who ranks second in the National League and third in the Majors with 20 stolen bases, left Tuesday’s game with a foot injury.
- White Sox pitche Jose Quintana is 3-0 with a 1.94 ERA and a .184 opponents’ average in six career starts against the Red Sox. He’s 1-0 with a 2.11 ERA in three starts at Fenway.
- Red Sox David Ortiz has reached base in each of his last 25 home games, hitting .411 with 23 extra-base hits.
- Rangers center fielder Ian Desmond is slated to sit on Wednesday in his first day off since April 17. He is expected to be replaced by Ryan Rua.
- Look for Peter Bourjos to start again for the Phillies in right field. Phillies manager Pete Mackanin is trying to play the hot hand, and Bourjos has been the Phillies’ hottest hitter for more than a week.
MLB Baseball Cash Draft Primetime Top Picks
June 17th 2016
Friday’s MLB baseball cash draft top picks (Play Now):
|Player||Pos||Team||OPP||Last 2 Games FP Avg||Last 4 Games FP Avg||Last 10 Games FP Avg|
Friday Primetime Matchups
|MATCHUP||TIME (ET)||PITCHING MATCHUP|
|Toronto||vs||Baltimore||7:05 PM||Aaron Sanchez vs Mike Wright|
|Arizona||vs||Philadelphia||7:05 PM||Robbie Ray vs Adam Morgan|
|Seattle||vs||Boston||7:10 PM||Hisashi Iwakuma vs Roenis Elias|
|Chicago||vs||Cleveland||7:10 PM||Jose Quintana vs Trevor Bauer|
|Atlanta||vs||New York||7:10 PM||John Gant vs Matt Harvey|
|Colorado||vs||Miami||7:10 PM||Jon Gray vs Adam Conley|
|San Francisco||vs||Tampa Bay||7:10 PM||Jeff Samardzija vs Chris Archer|
|New York||vs||Minnesota||8:10 PM||Masahiro Tanaka vs Pat Dean|
|Cincinnati||vs||Houston||8:10 PM||John Lamb vs Lance McCullers|
|Detroit||vs||Kansas City||8:15 PM||Michael Fulmer vs Yordano Ventura|
|Texas||vs||St. Louis||8:15 PM||Cole Hamels vs Michael Wacha|
|Los Angeles||vs||Oakland||9:35 PM||Matt Shoemaker vs Kendall Graveman|
|Milwaukee||vs||Los Angeles||10:10 PM||Zach Davies vs Julio Urias|
|Washington||vs||San Diego||10:40 PM||Joe Ross vs Christian Friedrich|
Fantasy Baseball MLB Top Picks
May 27th 2016
It’s another day of fantasy baseball MLB at FanPicks (click to play) and we’ve got you covered with the top picks for today’s contests. The Chicago Cubs and Philadelphia Phillies start it off at 2:20 PM ET with the follow-up matchup between the Washington Nationals and the St. Louis Cardinals begins at 7:05 PM ET. Here is the top 20 players today.
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last Game FP||Two Game FP Avg||Four Game FP Avg||Ten Game FP Avg|
Fantasy Baseball MLB Notables
- Nationals Daniel Murphy is expected to be back in the lineup for Washington after getting the day off Thursday. The second baseman has carried a hot bat, hitting .394, but has struggled in the field with five errors in the month of May.
- Friday is likely the final day St. Louis will be without third baseman Matt Carpenter, who is on paternity leave following the birth of his daughter Wednesday morning. The Cardinals have used Ruben Tejada and callup Greg Garcia at the hot corner in Carpenter’s absence.
- Blue Jays shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is expected to make his return for Friday night’s game. Tulowitzki missed the previous two games because of tightness in his right quad that he sustained while stealing second during Toronto’s 6-0 loss to the Yankees on Tuesday.
- Dodgers uber prospect Julio Urias will be making his Major League debut. Just 19 years old, the left-hander, who is rated Los Angeles’ top prospect, is being called up to start the Dodgers’ first of three games against the defending National League champion Mets at Citi Field.
- The Mets are optimistic that infielder Wilmer Flores can come off the disabled list in time for Friday’s game. Flores, who has been sidelined since May 12 with a strained left hamstring that he hurt at Dodger Stadium, should slot in as the Mets’ everyday first baseman with Lucas Duda on the disabled list.
- Miami Marlins center fielder Marcell Ozuna extended his on-base streak to 33 consecutive games with a single in the first inning on Thursday against the Rays.
- Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado is hitting .414 (12-for-29) with three home runs and 14 RBIs against the Giants this season. He hasn’t hit for a better average or driven in more runs against any other team.
Major League Baseball Fantasy Draft News October 5th 2015
Texas Rangers Win AL West Division with 9-2 victory against LA Angels
The Texas Rangers were able to hold off the charge of the Houston Astros but they needed to do it in Game 162 to become AL Western division champions. Texas defeated the LA Angels 9-2 behind a solid nine inning complete game start by left hander Cole Hamels. The Rangers were clinging to a 3-2 lead into the bottom of the seventh inning when they ignited for six runs to blow the game wide open. Texas had ten hits in the victory while silencing the Angels bats to just three hits.
Delino DeShields Jr.
The Rangers centerfielder had two hits with two runs scored and a walk in the victory. He has hits in five of six games. DeShields has his average up to .261 with two homers and 37 RBIs. He had been battling a 4 for 22 slump entering the game.
Shin Soo Choo
Choo had a hit with two runs scored in the division clincher. He has been hot the final months of the season and finished the regular season with a .276 batting average with 22 homers and 82 RBIs. He has hits in three straight and nine of ten games.
The Texas Rangers power hitting DH led the everyday hitters with a .305 batting average with 23 homers and 98 RBIs. He had a hit with two RBIs on Sunday. The post season wasn’t too kind to Fielder in the past.
The 36 year old third baseman was huge on Sunday with two hits a home run with three RBIs and two runs scored. Beltre hammered the baseball in the month of October with a batting average of .455. He finished the regular season with a .287 hitting average with 18 homers and 83 RBIs.
The shortstop for Texas had a hit with two RBIs in the win. He too has been hot with the bat in October with a .417 batting average.
Moreland had a hit with an RBI on Sunday. He had been marred in a 3 for 19 slump over the past seven days.
The Texas bullpen had been spent the past several days. They got a much needed nine inning complete game from Cole Hamels against the Angels on Sunday. Hamels is 13-8 on the year with an ERA of 3.65 and WHIP of 1.19.
Pittsburgh to Host NL Wildcard Game after 4-0 victory against Cincinnati
The Pittsburgh Pirates earn home field advantage in the NL Wildcard Game against the Chicago Cubs following their 4-0 home shutout victory on Sunday to the Cincinnati Reds. A good thing the Pirates won because the Cubs had defeated the Milwaukee Brewers. Had Pittsburgh lost this game they would have to travel to Wrigley Field for the NL Wildcard playoff single elimination game. Cubs pitching limited the Brewers to just three hits for the entire ballgame. Chicago got up early pushing across three first innings runs.
Marte had a hit on Sunday to end the regular season with a .287 batting average with 19 homers and 81 RBIs.
The Pirates first baseman leads the club in homers and he contributed with a solo shot in the win against the Reds. He finished the regular season batting .242 with 27 homers and 77 RBIs.
The Pirates catcher leads the everyday players with a .295 batting average with seven homers and 43 RBIs. He had two hits on Sunday. He was on a 2 for 22 slump entering play.
The eight year veteran left hander came up big for the Pirates by pitching six shutout innings over six innings and allowing just three hits to the Reds.