Tag: Buster Posey
MLB National League Division Series
Giants vs Cubs Game 3 (2-0 for Chicago)
Madison Bumgarner looks to continue his impressive postseason success and keep the San Francisco Giants alive when they host the Chicago Cubs on Monday (Enter Contests) in Game 3 of their MLB National League Division Series. The left-hander is 5-1 with one save and a 0.88 ERA in eight contests over his last two postseasons (2014 and 2016) after shutting out the New York Mets 3-0 in the Wild-Card Game on Wednesday. He won both regular-season starts against the Cubs this year.
ABOUT THE GIANTS
Madison Bumgarner (2016 playoffs: 1-0, 0.00) baffled the Mets with a four-hitter, striking out six and walking a pair in improving his career postseason numbers to 8-3 with a 1.94 ERA and 0.86 WHIP. The 27-year-old cooled off in the second half of the regular season as well, going 5-5 with a 3.80 ERA after posting a 10-4 record and 1.94 ERA before the All-Star break. Bumgarner went 9-4 with a 2.14 ERA at home this year and has fared well against the Cubs in his career (8-2, 2.25).
The Giants, who face elimination after winning 11 straight postseason series, scored just two runs over the first two games while Chicago’s pitchers have driven in three with their bats. They’ve won nine straight elimination games, the longest such streak in major-league history.
ABOUT THE CUBS
Chicago turns to Jake Arrieta (18-8, 3.10 ERA), who went 11-3 on the road this season and split a pair of starts against San Francisco while posting a 2.08 ERA. The reigning N.L. Cy-Young winner posted a 12-2 record and 2.10 ERA through June but split his final 12 decisions, going 2-3 with a 4.60 ERA in September. Arrieta , who has 40 wins to his credit over the last two seasons, owns a 4-2 mark with a 1.82 ERA in six career starts versus the Cubs. The 30-year-old TCU product has held Buster Posey, Brandon Crawford and Brandon Belt to a combined 2-for-38.
Angel Pagan is 5-for-11 against Arrieta. Javier Baez is 3-for-6 with a homer in the series and the Cubs received a run-scoring single in the first inning of Saturday’s 5-2 win from Ben Zobrist, who is 6-for-12 lifetime against Bumgarner. First baseman Anthony Rizzo, who belted 32 homers and knocked in 109 runs during the regular season, went 0-for-7 in the first two games. Chicago has gone 2-4 in six games at San Francisco over the last two years and went 46-34 on the road during the regular season.
Fantasy Draft Baseball Top Picks
June 10th 2016
Full night of fantasy draft baseball (click to play) with all 30 MLB teams in action this Friday. It all starts at 7PM ET. Here are the top selections!
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last Game FP||Last Two Game FP Avg||Last Four Game FP Avg||Last Ten Game FP Avg|
Fantasy Draft Baseball Notables
- You can expect Phillies first baseman Tommy Joseph to be back in the lineup. Ryan Howard started Tuesday and Wednesday, but Howard went 0-for-3 with three strikeouts Wednesday against the Cubs. Joseph has supplanted Howard as the team’s primary first baseman, hitting .311 (19-for-61) with two doubles, five home runs and eight RBIs in 19 games.
- Rangers catcher Robinson Chirinos was activated from the 60-day disabled list Thursday. He had missed the past 53 games with a right forearm fracture.
- Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre was not in the lineup for Thursday’s game against the Astros, and he was set to be re-evaluated after leaving Wednesday’s game with a tight left hamstring.
- San Francisco catcher Buster Posey, who hasn’t played since Saturday in St. Louis due to nerve irritation in his right thumb, could be back behind the plate just in time for game 1 of the Dodgers/Giants 3 game series .
MLB Baseball Fantasy Picks
June 8th 2016
The Cubs and Phillies start a full lineup of daily fantasy baseball and FanPicks (click to play) has your top MLB baseball fantasy picks. With all the commotion that happened yesterday in Baltimore, it doesn’t look like it disturbed O’s Mark Trumbo. He clubbed his 20th home run of the season, leading the league in the category. The final matchup of the evening pits two high end pitchers against each other. San Francisco Bay host this duel between Red Sox David Price and Giants Madison Bumgarner. See who ranks higher.
|Player||Pos||Team||Opp||Last Game FP||Two Game FP Avg||Four Game FP Avg||Ten Game FP Avg|
MLB Baseball Fantasy Picks Notables
- Chicago Cubs Albert Almora could see his first Major League start on Wednesday. The former first-round pick grounded out in his first at-bat, pinch-hitting for Kyle Hendricks in the sixth inning of Tuesday’s game. Almora was hitting .318 with 10 stolen bases in 54 games with Triple-A Iowa.
- Detroit’s Justin Upton is slowly hitting his way out of a slump. He is riding a five-game hitting streak in which he is batting .400, with extra-base hits in his last three games.
- Former Braves prospect Christian Bethancourt will likely serve as the Padres’ catcher in the series finale. Bethancourt has hit four homers in 64 at-bats and has been charged with three passed balls in 129 innings behind the plate.
- In the first round of the 2010 MLB Draft, 36 spots separated Jameson Taillon and Noah Syndergaard. The Pirates took Taillon No. 2 overall, and the Blue Jays drafted Syndergaard at No. 38 in the supplemental first round. Their paths have since diverged, but the former elite pitching prospects will clash Wednesday as the Pirates and Mets finish their series.
- Twins left fielder Robbie Grossman, who doubled in his first at-bat and hit a game-ting homer on Tuesday, has now reached base safely in 16 of 17 games since joining the club on May 19. Grossman, who has slowly moved up in the batting order since then, batted second on Tuesday.
- Mariners pitcher Taijuan Walker is making his fourth career start vs. Cleveland. He’s 3-0 with a 0.45 ERA against the Indians, having given up one earned run in 20 inning and striking out 20 batters.
- Giants catcher Buster Posey is questionable for Wednesday’s game. He didn’t start Tuesday’s game with irritation in his right thumb.
MLB Cash Draft Daily Fantasy Picks
It will be hard to match up with what Phillies pitcher Vince Velasquez did yesterday. But the stack is high with big names on the mound today, with the likes of Zack Greinke, Edinson Volquez and Dallas Keuchel. And we can’t let this confrontation between Clayton Kershaw and Madison Bumgarner go by unnoticed. The hype of this rivalry comes down to this two and who will take down the other. It’s a full slate of Major League Baseball games and we’ve got you covered with our list of MLB Cash Draft fantasy picks.
Pitcher : Zack Greinke – Arizona DiamondBacks
Struggling Arizona ace Zack Greinke would appear to have an excellent chance to get untrod with the Diamondbacks visiting San Diego to start a three-game series versus the light-hitting Padres. The newly-signed 206 million dollar man opened the season losing back-to-back starts for the first time since August 2014. Despite that, he is 6-1 with a sterling 1.56 ERA in 12 career starts against San Diego. Greike and the D-Backs look primed to sweep the series.
Catcher: Buster Posey – San Francisco Giants
Buster Posey came back from a foot injury on Thursday and went 0-for-4 in a loss to the Rockies, but reports says that his foot is getting better. He should be set to catch for a second straight day and motivated, when the Giants open up their rivalry series with the Dodgers.
First Baseman : Jose Abreu – Chicago White Sox
Chicago’s Jose Abreu is batting .354 with five homers, 18 RBIs, 17 hits and seven walks in 13 career match-ups against the Rays.
Second Baseman : Robinson Cano – Seattle Mariners
Robinson Cano is a lifetime .311 hitter in 407 games at the new Yankee Stadium.
Third Baseman : Manny Machadao – Baltimore Orioles
Baltimore’s Manny Machado collected a hit in all nine games he played this season.
Shortstop : Jose Ramirez – Cleveland Indians
Jose Ramirez has produced plenty of fair-ball drives in three of the five games he has played in this season.
Update : Out of the starting lineup.
Outfielder : Jose Bautista – Toronto Blue Jays
Bautista slugged away 21 home runs in 56 career games at Fenway Park.
Outfielder : Nomar Mazara – Texas Rangers
Texas rookie Nomar Mazara recorded two hits in the series opener to improve to 8-for-20 (.400) with three RBIs and three runs scored during the five contests he played this season.
Outfielder : Jeremy Hazelbaker – St. Louis Cardinals
Jeremy Hazelbaker is another fantasy pick rookie outfielder, but with the Cards, who is riding an eight-game hitting streak.