NBA All-Star Skills Competition and Game preview
This NBA All-Star weekend will be a special one for the NBA and Canada but most importantly for future Hall of Famer and Lakers’ own Kobe Bryant appearing in his 18th and final NBA All-Star Game. He will be a sentimental favorite as well to win a record 5th MVP in this NBA All-Star game. This weekend will be a great show for all Fantasy Basketball owners seeing rising stars and legends entertain the fans.
Bryant was not only the fans top vote-getter heading into this weekend’s All-Star break besting none other than league MVP Stephen Curry, but is also the NBA All-Star Game’s all-time leading scorer.
The 2 most popular events of the weekend people cannot wait to see this weekend are the Slam Dunk Contest and the Three-Point Contest.
Three-Point contest defending champion Stephen Curry and Golden State Warriors teammate Klay Thompson are both favourites to win this even this year amidst the tough competition with the other shooters such as:
- J.J. Redick of the Los Angeles Clippers
- Devin Booker of the Phoenix Suns
- Kyle Lowry of the host, Toronto Raptors
- James Harden from the Houston Rockets
- Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat
- Khris Middleton of the Milwaukee Bucks
In the NBA Verizon Slam Dunk Contest, 20 year old Zach LaVine of the Minnesota Timberwolves will try to defend his title and is the heavy favourite to win it again in front of only 3 other contestants:
- Aaron Gordon of the Orlando Magic
- Will Barton of the Denver Nuggets
- Andre Drummond of the Detroit Pistons
The West will try to go for their 5th victory in the last 6 years on Sunday.